Sunday, October 7, 2012

Give Life a Chance!


I was not good at writing, but then I got better at it and I write decent now (I would like to believe so, don't break my heart. Okay?)

I never wrote a poem, but once I did. Never thought I would put it here, but I am finally doing it! (But then, even Shakespeare never thought his work would be studied at schools; Not comparing, just presenting facts.)

More about my poetry? I am terrible, and I know it.

So, here it goes:

Give Life a Chance

The moment I met you,
I went mad about you.

The moment I heard you speak,
My heart got the sweetest treat.

My mind said it’s not possible,
My heart knew you are the one.

Mind & heart declared war!
And years later still, heart lies with someone afar.

Finally my mind got heartified*!
But you didn't agree, to what I found simplified.

Now there is harmony
And I have begun my journey.

“To move on” is simple to say,
That’s why it’s never on the adviser’s way!

Best relations are life-long,
While some are bound to go wrong.

To get the best, we must try once.
Wish you agreed to give life a chance!

- Vijay Gupta


*heartified - Kind of made sense here. Yes, this is poetic freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment