Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Your worries or mine?



This happened in Park Street, Calcutta. Standing on a pavement outside a heritage building, a friend and I, were engrossed in some serious discussion. My friend had just lost his job and was speaking his heart out, as I listened on. I must have looked very serious when an old woman approached us. 

She requested us to help her with some donation.

I said a blunt “NO” and with a late realization added “I’m sorry.”

The lady looked at me while starting to walk away.

“What? You're worried? You are lucky! I HAVE WORRIES.”

I could only stare blankly at her direction as she walked away.

Everybody has worries and each of us perceive ours to be on top of the list!

But then, are our worries really worth all the worrying?

As the Hindi song says, “Duniya mein kitna gham hai. Mera gham kitna kam hai.

No comments:

Post a Comment